Wednesday, 13 September 2017

STAR TREK - The Motion Picture PLAYMATES Figures.

Hi. Thought to show you my collection of Star Trek- The Motion Picture (TMP) - (1979) .
These 5" Figures are by Playmates- being produced in the early 1990s. My collection was made up in 2014.

 Above: Shown is the full array of my 13 figures for Star Trek -The Motion Picture.

From L to R. 
Ensign Chekov, Mr Spock, Captain Kirk, Dr McCoy.

From L to R.
Mr Scott (Engineer), Nurse Christine Chapel, William Deker, Chekov.

From L to R.
Dr McCoy, Lt Uhura, Ilia Probe, Mr Sulu.

From L to R.
Mr Sulu, Yoeman Janice Rand, Bashir, Dax.
( I included the Bashir and Dax figures as 'Extras').

Above: These are my seven Conversion Figures.

Conversions: Mr Scott, Nurse Chapel and W. Deker.

Conversions: Chekov, Yoeman Rand, Bashir and Dax.

It cost a fair bit to do my seven converted figures as I needed two different figures for each final converted figure. Yoeman Janice Rand was the most difficult to do as I had to re-model the figures hair from the 'Beehive' of TOS to a more 1970s style for Janice.
( You may note the 'hands' on the female figure conversions are not exactly the right color - I have now a bottle of Vallejo acrylic paint which will be better and I will do re-painting tomorrow).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 14th Sept 2017.

L to R: Deker, Rand, Dax, Chapel.
Have re-painted the hands and necks of these figures.
The Vallejo acrylic 'Flat Flesh' works well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The figures shown above are the complete range from Playmates for The Motion Picture (1979) Series. I think Playmates missed a golden opportunity by electing not produce a complete range of figures. However, I am very pleased with my 'Conversions' and am certainly glad to now have a complete range of characters.

Well - that is about it for now.
Until next time.
Cheers.
KEV.

No comments:

Post a Comment