Wednesday, 26 July 2017

NEW Purchases -ADAMS Tank & LMS Coaches.

Hi. Decided to throw caution to the wind and went ahead and ordered Hornby items from the UK.
I've always liked the ADAMS Radial Tank 4-4-2T and have ordered a Hornby model in the British Rail - Early Emblem Scheme. The Adams Tank will make for an excellent Passenger engine on my proposed Branch Line layout.
 The Adams Radial Tank is a very elegant looking engine with it's outside cylinders - I note that the model pictured has no front coupler- hopefully a coupler will be included in the Hornby box- I however do have some spare couplers which I can adapt if necessary. A beautiful engine!

In order to have my Passenger Train I have ordered two Hornby LMS Clerestory Coaches. I certainly like these type of early Coaches - and as I'm thinking my Branch Line Layout will be prior to 1956 - then these Coaches will be most suitable. Certainly the Clerestory Coaches coupled up to the Adams Tank engine- the set will look altogether superb and just what I wanted and do need.  I must say that the Coaches were a complete bargain costing me about one-quarter of the price than if I bought simmular items here locally.....some days your luck just holds - it certainly did to-day on e-Bay for the UK.

Well - it has been good fun spending the precious beans!
Until next time.
Cheers.
KEV.

No comments:

Post a Comment