Saturday, 13 May 2017

LASERBURN- Scratch BUILDINGS in 15mm.

Hi. Had a good afternoon making five Sci-Fi Buildings. I pre-planned the buildings and kept in mind the 15mm scale.
The large building is the 'Storehouse'. The four smaller buildings are 'Offices' or 'Apartments'.

               The Storehouse is made from MDF, Pine Wood, Cardboard and plastic bottle caps.


Top view of the Storehouse.

Front view of the Storehouse.

Detail of the Storehouse.

The Storehouse painted 'Grey' by White Knight.

Corner view of the Storehouse.

Eye level view of the doors of the Storehouse completed.
( I may later change the color of the doors.).

Early this morning I purchased some plastic containers from the dollar shop.


I used my Scroll Saw to cut away the lip of each container.

The four plastic containers converted to buildings.

Detail of the unpainted Sci-Fi buildings.

The four Buildings completed in 15mm.

Detail of one of the small buildings.
(The doors are meant to fold down to form a 'ramp' for access.).

View of small building with 15mm figure for scale.

The completed Buildings in 15mm.



Last night I ordered a copy of IMPERIAL COMMANDER by Richard Halliwell & Bryan Ansell.
I already have the LASERBURN rules booklet by Bryan Ansell.
I hope that I can follow these rules- if they prove to hard for me- I can write my own version being  of  a suitably simplified form.

REMARKS:

Well - it has been a productive day with five buildings completed. Tomorrow I hope to build another largish building for my LASERBURN collection.
To-days buildings were really to test out the tools and materials - to see what will/ or wont work.
Pleased with progress.

Cheers.
KEV.


5 comments:

  1. Coming along nicely Kev.
    If you drop me an e-mail I will send you a suppliment you might find usefull for Imperial Commander.
    Stuart.
    Surridge
    @btinternet.com
    Kind regards
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev.
      Just fired you off an e-mail, let me know if you get it.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
    2. Stuart,
      Yes- received - thank you greatly. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
  2. I like the scratch built buildings for your Laserburn world. It is quite unusual to be able to get the terrain completed before armies are painted. It is normally, paint the armies then pull together the terrain so you can have a game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter,
      Yes- as you can appreciate that figure orders placed from manufacturers in the UK do take a fairly long time to arrive- in the mean time it is possible to do some scenery. Have been a bit slack these past few days -though should be able to press on with more Sci-Fi buildings in this coming week. Can hardly wait for the figures to arrive - it will be fun! Cheers. KEV.

      Delete