Sunday, 7 May 2017

LASERBURN - my NEW Project in 15mm.

Hi. I have decided that my future Project shall be the Sci-Fi game  'Laserburn' in 15mm.

The Bryan Ansell  LASERBURN Rules.

A 15mm Law Officer.

LASERBURN takes me back to the early 1980's when I would visit a backyard Wargame 'Garage' - named  'Battlefields' at Campsie (NSW Sydney)- where the Owner had oodles of  cast metal figures in 6mm, 15mm and 25mm for sale. I would come home with Laserburn 15mm figures.

I managed one game of Laserburn way back round 1983 in 15mm.
The Scenario was that the bad guys would make their way to a Space Port and attempt to steal a secret Space-Jet....I had scratch built all that was needed for the game. 
The Game was played on a 6' x 4' table and was indeed fun.

Interestingly I painted up the Laserburn 'Law Officers' as SPACE MARINES - all done in blue.
The bad guys were Laserburn 'Imperials'.

I hope to now re-gain my collection of Laserburn 15mm.
However, it all depends upon raising the necessary funds.

I have high hopes for the Project and believe it will suit me well with the smallish numbers of figures requires, a lot of scratch building to be done - and it will suit my pocket too.

Cheers. KEV.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your search for miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter,
      Have a good idea of where to source the figures- worst comes to worst I can try UK e-Bay. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
  2. Great rules.
    We are back using Imperial Commander they have a real simplicity to them, proof that all the glossy photo's do not make a set of rules that will stand the test of time.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuart,
      I read the Laserburn Rules the other day and I am of the mind to write my own shortened version specifically for Solo gaming. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
  3. 15mm.co.uk still does the Laserburn figures and rules , Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony,
      Thanks for the tip - I have already a source for the Laserburn figures- though I will have a look at 15mm.co.uk shortly. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
    2. Tony,
      Yes 15mm.co.uk are merged with 'Alternate Armies' which was my first choice- thanks anyway. Regards. KEV.

      Delete